A cherished and valued institution
Not every town has a market and very, very few have markets older than Barnet Market which received its first royal charter in 1199. It has moved site, had its ups and downs, but it still opens at around 7.00 am (earlier for some stalls) until about 3.00 pm every Wednesday and Saturday.
If you arrive by bus, it is in Chipping Close very close to the bus stop behind The Spires – look for the market sign.
If you come by car it is a short hop across the road from the Council’s Stapylton Road car park or only a little further from The Spires car park (leave at ground-floor level and head along the back of Waitrose).
Some stalls come and go, but the following make up the core of Barnet Market
Wednesdays and Saturdays
- The three long-established fruit and veg stalls: Greengrocers Choice, Steve & Lenny, Tyler & David Bone.
- Charlie’s flowers and eggs: Free range eggs, fresh flowers & bedding plants (also stocking Christmas trees in December).
- Steve: A selection of fresh fish.
- Victoria Bakery: Multi bread award winners 2014.
- Oakmoore Farm Butchers: Farm reared meat from the heart of Devon.
- Taste Of Mediterranean: A selection of the finest olives, sundried tomatoes & stuffed peppers.
- The Hellenic Deli: Organic unfiltered olive oil. Raw fir tree honey & honeycomb & a small selection of cheeses.
- Refill Station: A great selection of raw ingredients, desiccated coconut, a mixture of nuts and seeds plus much more.
- Lennys Meats: Farm stall selling a mixture of poultry, game and red meats along with selection of eggs.
- Handbagz & Gladragz: Catering for all your ladies fashion and accessory needs.
- Slims Vinyl Records: Ken brings his beautiful converted VW Camper along offering a great selection of records.
We urge you to come and try out the market yourself for a truly excellent range of fantastic products and chat to the friendly people who are ready and willing to serve you.